Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ordinary Friends

I think it's important to have different types of friends. Sometimes, having a friend that's really different from you can let you discover new things about yourself that you might not otherwise have found out. Friends can help you find new activities and likes/dislikes, but sometimes if you go too far outside your comfort zone, you can get lost. So, it's also nice to have friends that you share a lot in common with, to help you stay grounded and feel comfortable. I'm not sure if I'd call any of my friends "ordinary", though. Maybe Dan is just a bit shy, so no one ever really gets a chance to get to know him, so that's why Jason refers to him as "ordinary". I do have some friends like that. They might seem ordinary to other people, but not to me! Ellen